This role operates on a multi-product / multi-ingredient site, supporting a multi-skilled Operations Team in a proactive, hands-on way, and has responsibility for all aspects of team performance. The Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and is expected to play a key role as a member of the Operations Team. This position will be required to work on a shift pattern.
Main Tasks: (due to the importance of associate flexibility, associates may be required to carry out other duties in addition to these functions)
· This role is responsible for supervision of employees where strong leadership skills are required for the effective leadership of the team
· Ensure Production is carried out to high quality standards and in a timely manner, adhering to Production Schedules, to meet customer orders and maintain appropriate inventory levels
· Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, training and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
· Support the Production Planner in preparing and validating the Production Schedules
· Accountable for adherence to Production Schedule by ensuring all equipment, materials and resources are scheduled appropriately.
· Maintain the plant's manufacturing equipment in sanitary condition according to Company GMP policies and procedures to assure the quality of the manufactured product
· Coordinate and ensure process and equipment changeovers are completed effectively, efficiently and safely, including managing LOTO's for engineering works, ensuring maximum uptime of equipment
· Issue daily orders/production plans and distribute to appropriate personnel for Staging and Manufacturing.
· Monitor and assist with the overall product manufacturing process and resolve issues
· Review production records, calculate production yields and scrap quantities to accurately record material usage variances
· Report finished production process data to Manager for approval to assure quality of material released for distribution
· Accountable for compliance via batch record completion, risk assessments, closing out corrective actions, participate in audits and inspections and proactively highlighting any issues around compliance
Skills and Experience required:
· Degree qualification in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Food Science or relevant discipline
· 6+ years' relevant experience in Food/Beverage/Flavour/Pharma manufacturing environment
· Proven people management skills in a people focused, team-based environment
· Advanced knowledge and application of Good Manufacturing Practices in a World Class Manufacturing Environment
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly
· High level of PC literacy
· Knowledge and application of SAP/ERP System in a regulated manufacturing environment
· Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvements
· Ability to apply technical knowledge to deliver improvements
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted