About this Role:
The primary purpose of the Business Analyst role is to support the onboarding of new portfolios by analysing business processes and ensuring that requirements are clearly defined, appropriately designed and input to the development process as part of the project delivery lifecycle and change controls items. The Business Analyst will also carry out testing activities as part of root cause analysis and UAT.
The Business Analyst is a subject matter expert (SME) in Retail mortgage servicing and will work across all client Ireland departments, including Operations, IT, PMO, CRE, Compliance, Lending, Finance & MI and clients to ensure business requirements are defined and delivered to provide maximum benefit to the business.
The Business Analyst reports to the Head of Business Design(HDB), is part of the PMO team, and will assist the HBD in managing the full life cycle of a change.
The candidate must be available to start immediately or with a short notice period.
- Business Design -Conduct high quality business analysis and provide clear business requirement documentation
- Proactively engage with Project Manager, Head of Business Design and/or functional leaders to document business improvements and/or issues.
- Elicit and document business requirements with end users and stakeholders
- Create Business Requirements Documents and Functional Specifications.
- Communication of the requirements to IT
- Working with HBD and operational SMEs to capture to be processes and supporting documentation - i.e. SOPS, procedures, policy updates
- Provide support to UAT team by defining and carrying out tests to validate new processes.
- Ensure Business readiness for deployment of the change - i.e. Training support, user config, migration support, incident management
- Communication to the business / client
- Identify and escalate important systems issues to the BDM.
Key Performance Indicators
- Documents are clear, concise and accurate
- Person acts as SME and demonstrates functional design competence across all teams
- Ownership of BA tasks and delivery to a high standard
- Successful implementation of all changes under the remit of the BA.
- Prompt identification of important system issues
- Urgent issues prioritized and escalated to correct person
- Prompt delivery of solution.
- First time resolution of defects.
- Minimal unforeseen repercussions of development.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Candidates should be highly professional, self-motivated with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working as a business analyst in Financial services/Insurance.
- Significant experience and knowledge of supporting transformational change in a Retail mortgage servicing business
- Experienced in MS Office including Word, Excel and Visio
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
- Strong understanding of all aspects of systems implementation and software development life cycles.
- A proven track record of excellent communication and customer service skills enabling successful collaboration with key stakeholders; ability to translate client requirements into tangible requirements/ deliverables.
- Experience working with technical and business teams to translate internal and external business needs to drive functional and technical requirements.
- 3rd Level Qualification
- Professional Qualification in Business Analysis
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Recognised IT Qualification
- Recognised Project Management Qualification
- Business Requirements and Process mapping
- IT Knowledge - General
- Accuracy & Quality
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills- Written
- Problem solving
- Team Working
- Conflict Management
- Good stakeholder management skills
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.