Heritage is recognised as a vital growth driver for many of Diageo's brand. The Guinness Archive at the Guinness Storehouse, Ireland's No. 1 visitor attraction, plays an integral role in preserving and promoting the history and heritage of the Guinness brand and Diageo beer brands in Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated newly qualified archive professional to apply for one of two contract cataloguing positions at the Guinness Archive.
you will be a newly qualified archivist or about to graduate with an MA in Archives and Records Management or an MA in Historical Archives in 2019. This position will commence mid August for 6 months.
The Guinness Archive collection dates back to 1759 and encompasses all areas of the global business. The role involves cataloguing newly appraised files from across all brewery functions from the late 19th to mid 20th century and will be based in a warehouse environment.
- MA in Archives and Record Management / MA in Historical Archives or about to graduate with this qualification
- Attention to detail is a key quality
- IT proficient including digital technology
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own
- Display strong written communication skills
Interviews will take place in the next 2 weeks with a view to starting in August
If interested please send CV today to firstname.lastname@example.org
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.