IRC have partnered with a globally renowned pharmaceutical company. We are delighted to bring this new and exciting Senior Legal Counsel role! IRC have a longstanding, trusting and phenomenal relationship with this company. We have seen our candidates thrive in this environment and go on to develop long lasting careers.
Reporting to the Head Legal Transformation & REFS, this position has responsibility for providing legal transactional advice and support on a wide range of projects globally in respect of transforming the NO portfolio, BD&L (in and out licensing), M&A projects and REFS projects. The role will include supporting projects across the deal life cycle from business case and risk identification, due diligence, structuring, process support, drafting deal documentation, negotiation, and post-closing matters. It will include heavy documentation support on various sale and purchase documents, manufacturing and supply agreements, quality and other commercial contracts and deal documentation and regulatory knowledge in life sciences will assist in the role. The role will ensure that projects follow all relevant laws and regulations, that pragmatic advice is provided, and robust risk assessments are completed. The role requires working well in small and large teams and collaborating in a fast-paced environment with a diverse and wide range of stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player contributing to the success of the NO Transformation & REFS team and wider NO and Group objectives.
- Proactive, business-minded legal partner to the NO network transformation, M&A and BD&L NO global support teams during planning, negotiation, execution and implementation of the relevant projects and ensures the execution of projects in accordance with the project plan, NO strategy and in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- M&A and BD&L legal associate, who will be commercial contracts lead with lead particularly on BD&L matters (acquisition, divestment, in- or out-licensing), Group M&A, corporate legal matters and support across transformation projects, including network transformation projects (expansion, closing, divesting of sites / outsourcing of manufacturing), and, as required, prepares / conducts due diligences, drafts, negotiates and reviews all related agreements, and any related internal or external communication to management, employees, authorities, interested parties (bidders), suppliers or any other third parties.
- Is a technical specialist and resource in projects forming part of the NO Transformation & REFS legal team.
- Manages and works with outside counsel and, when and as necessary, closely monitors and controls related legal spend.
- Manages potential disputes and dispute resolution relating to matters arising from assigned projects.
- Supports the establishment, design and implementation of clear guidelines and processes to provide optimal and timely NO legal support for projects.
- Advises and determines appropriate actions regarding legal and compliance issues in relation to projects, including the training of lawyers and clients.
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective and efficient legal execution of key projects in compliance with the project schedule and budget, NO strategy and all applicable laws and regulations
- Transparent and clear communication on all legal aspects, risks and implications of projects allowing Novartis to appreciate its contractual and statutory obligations, and to assists management decision-making processes by providing robust risk and legal assessments
- Establishment of clear guidelines and processes, ensuring timely and efficient NO Legal and other functional contribution, safeguarding the execution and implementation of any transaction / project in accordance with NO strategy, and in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Acknowledged and appreciated in NO, and by other functions and divisions, as an expert and a key contributor to relevant projects by continuously displaying strong operational and business acumen in all aspects of legal support.
Number of Associates: None
Financial Responsibility: None
Impact on the Organization: High
Key contributor to the successful execution of NO Legal Transformation & REFS and NO strategy. Management of significant related liabilities and risks for Novartis and its divisions. Role with global scope, which requires in-depth and specialised expertise across a wide range of complex legal and regulatory matters, together with the ability to guide and coordinate input from an extensive number of internal and external stakeholders for the successful execution of key projects.
Education: Law School Graduate qualified practising solicitor. Additional qualifications in related fields (e.g. finance, tax, regulatory etc.) are a plus.
Languages: Fluency in English (speaking / writing). Knowledge of at least one other European language preferred.
- Corporate and commercial lawyer for the legal function in the manufacturing, regulatory and transactional field with the ability to: analyse complex legal issues; lead contract negotiations of several complex projects independently; and play a key coordination role with lawyers and other functional experts, and having a minimum of:
- six years post-qualification experience, ideally gained within an healthcare / pharmaceutical environment or with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare clients, of which,
- three years of that experience was in leading complex legal projects, transformation and outsourcing projects.
- Able to set priorities and to manage a wide-ranging workload under time and organisational pressure, often involving multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience working in cross-functional teams. Strong ability to influence and negotiate with a clear demonstration of professional and culturally sensitive work ethics.
We can offer you:
- Competitive daily rate
- Complete remote working
- On the job training
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted