IRC have partnered with a growing M&E consultancy firm with offices based in Dublin and Cork. We are delighted to bring this brand-new Technical Director position to market.
My client are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an experienced Technical Director to be based in our Dublin / Cork office. You will have experience in the delivery of European data centres and mission-critical projects, along with other sector experience including process pharmaceutical, healthcare, commercial, labs and/or clean rooms would be desirable.
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development the technology electrical team in Ireland.
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services. Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin
- Leadership and hands on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and details designs
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities of Callaghan ǀ Red
- Hands on involvement in the sector management team in conjunction with other members of the team
- Surveys and due diligence reports of existing data centres
- Presenting technical papers at industry events where the opportunity arises
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
Location: Based in Dublin/Cork
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MEI + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Experience of having managed projects abroad (desirable)
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Flexible and self-motivational approach to work
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNDERSTANDING
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Board Directors, Project Managers, Non-technical / administrative colleagues
- Collaborating globally with peers and counterparts
- Developing long-term business relationships with colleagues
- Developing long-term business relationships with suppliers, clients and business professionals.
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted