HEAnet is Ireland's National Research and Education Network, providing internet connectivity and ICT shared services across all levels of the Irish education system, reaching 1,000,000 end users. We connect learners and researchers across all of Ireland to education resources and to fellow national educational and research networks in Europe, and the rest of the world. We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support the CEO & Senior Leadership Team.
What the Executive Assistant to CEO does
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant will ensure the day-to-day management routines are managed in an effective and timely manner to make the best use of the CEO's time so they can successfully lead the organisation to achieve on its company objectives. This involves providing high-quality business support for the CEO including pro-active diary management and prioritisation, preparation for CEO meetings, management of documentation and papers and for key meetings, organising travel itineraries and logistics and acting as a close liaison to the CEO's reports to ensure priorities are kept in focus.
The Executive Assistant will also work closely with Corporate Governance function on the scheduling, preparation, management and follow-up of all Board, Committees, AGM and Company meetings and will provide administration and coordination support for the Group Advisory Forum.
Key to the smooth management of the CEO Office will be developing strong working relationships with stakeholders internally and across clients, Education and Research Partners and a variety of Government Departments. This role has a broad and varied remit so will interest someone with great organisational and coordination skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and demands.
This role is based in our office in Dublin 1; however, we have a hybrid working framework in place which will allow you to do some work from home and some work from the office, if you choose to do so. On different days of the week, any team member may be working from home, so we use tools like Microsoft Teams to keep in touch.
What you get from us
We value knowledge sharing and communication. We have frequent presentations from anyone in the company on a wide range of topics from technical demos to project management to mental health.
We encourage critical thinking and the exploration of new ideas. We often form cross-team special interest groups for specific topic discussions, both ongoing and for fixed projects. We promote a healthy work/life balance. Work outside of standard hours is seldom and agreed in advance. We take the care of our team members' mental health seriously.
- Annual performance management system
- Professional education policy
- Comprehensive group and individual training & development initiatives
- On-going wellbeing initiatives
- Health insurance for employees
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible start/finish times
- Option to work part of week from home under our Hybrid Working Framework
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Taxsaver Ticket scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
What we need from you
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in similar role
- Strong business support, coordination, organisation and administrative skills
- Strong computer literacy, particularly within the SharePoint/MS Office suite
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a busy work environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- High degree of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
We don't need you to have experience in the following areas, but if you did, it could be beneficial.
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative and as part of small team
- Knowledge/understanding of Corporate Governance
- An understanding of the Education/ IT sector
- Proactive approach to work
More important information
Our client celebrates diversity and understand how important it is to ensure ongoing success. We would like to hear from candidates who are great at what they do and whose values align with our clients'
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know.
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted