We are looking for an Archives Assistant to join the Guinness Archive team at Guinness Storehouse
The ideal candidate will:
- have a background in admin / secretarial / legal discovery / research
- An interest or background in history would be an advantage
- be proficient in using databases
- motivated in working on their own
- open to working in a warehouse environment.
Archivist responsibilities include:
box list/ catalogue files
Inputting details such as covering dates, file title, synopsis of contents, file size into selects fields into an archive catalogue system and assigning a code to the file.
Ultimately, the ideal candidate will work with a team of historical experts to determine the significance of historical items in the organisation.
Requirements and skills
- Proven 2 years work experience as an Archivist or similar role
- Knowledge of various types of documents to determine the historical importance of an item
- Experience researching items and determining potential value
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Archivist
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted