- Carry out audit work under the supervision of Internal Audit managers, delivering clearly documented testing and conclusions to agreed timescales and considering, where relevant, risks of fraud, mismanagement and financial loss due to inadequate control.
- Draft clear and concise audit reports, including remedial actions for identified weaknesses which have been agreed with relevant line managers.
- Carry out internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) reviews, including detailed testing, reporting findings to external auditors as well as internal stakeholders and ensuring weaknesses are followed up and corrected.
- Form an understanding of key automated controls and work closely with IT auditors to assess the approach for testing the design and operating effectiveness of the controls.
- Perform testing over the controls surrounding delivery of significant business projects, including IT projects.
- Heads of Audit (UK/Ireland and Spain).
- Audit Managers (UK/Ireland and Spain).
- Managers of areas subject to audit.
- Professional accounting or audit qualification, with relevant audit experience.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to assess risks in financial and operational processes.
- Experience with ICFR or SOX 404 audit requirements is preferred.
- Excellent team player able to adapt to various working styles and environments in a multi-national corporation.
- Organised and disciplined working approach to meeting tight deadlines while producing good quality work.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (in English).
- Ability to comprehend, write and speak Spanish in a business environment will be a strong advantage.
- Ability and willingness for overseas travel up to 40% of time on average.
An understanding of IT control and risk management principles will be an advantage
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.