Top 4 Accountabilities Project Management Coordinate all key stakeholders and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects * Ensure that all projects are delivered...
- Top 4 Accountabilities
Management Accounts/ Annual Budget Preparation
- Lead the completion of the monthly Management Accounts for all of the companies entities to a strict working day 2 deadline
- Direct the Financial Analyst and finance administrator on the team as appropriate to ensure complete and accurate reporting for all entities.
- Lead the variance analysis on monthly financials understanding the key drivers of performance
- Preparation and review of monthly risks and opportunities on financials
- Preparation & presentation of business performance to senior stakeholders on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Preparation of balance sheet reporting including the completion of all reconciliations
- Liaise with Corporate on queries on financials and statutory requirements.
- Support the preparation of the annual phased budget
- Own the cost control and productivity agenda within the management team and the wider business, identifying areas of improvement and holding all stakeholders to account.
- Deliver all costs on plan, ensuring appropriate controls are in place across the departments.
- Manage CAPEX processes and budgets.
- Continuously monitor and strengthen our internal accounting control processes (cash, debtor, stock and assets) to deliver best control practice and ensure appropriate processes are in place. Hold the wider team to account on this.
- Manage the roll out of any new systems or processes implemented by the company.
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager on commercial projects
- Lead/support on other commercial initiatives as necessary
- Assist with Procurement/Tendering process
- Support retail financials reporting to parent company.
- Support the various teams with measurement and evaluation papers of proposed ideas and projects as required
- Lead the annual year end Statutory Audit
- Lead the annual internal audit process
- Liaise with the Tax department on any requirements
- Continuously monitor & strengthen our internal accounting control process
- Support the compliance agenda for the business
- Champion and advise on all internal policies for the wider business
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualified accountant with 2+ years PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Highly numerate/ strong analytical skills
- Credible at FD, MD and Leadership Team level
- Demonstrate a strong track record of financial control, governance & compliance
- Strong understanding of the month end, procurement, accounts payable & receivable process.
- Good communication and interpersonal capabilities with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong systems skills with knowledge of SAP accounting environments an advantage.
Barriers to Success
- Below minimum standard of qualifications
- Inability to implement strong financial controls
- Inability to stay focused on key priorities/ manage workload to strict deadlines
- Lack of experience of inter-acting with and building effective relationships with senior managers and Leadership Team
- Inability to hold others to account
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.