To develop and maintain efficient, organized and responsive customer service and shipping departments. Assure that current and potential customers receive the highest quality service.
Work encompasses a broad range of activities required to develop, promote and execute a sound customer service strategy to support corporate sales efforts. Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of the established company policies. Ensure that quality is constant within the distribution centre.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions, report through KPI`s.
- Reports routinely against objectives and in compliance with all company SOP`s.
- Act as an advisor to manage and develop subordinates to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements and budget responsibilities.
- Responsible to develop and improve SOPs
- Approve appropriate credits and replacements within established guidelines.
- Assist in the promotion and launch of new or key products as identified by marketing.
- Assesses order status and provides communication to other departments as required.
- Responds to questions and complaints regarding customer orders and delivered products.
- Manages the completion, organisation and maintenance of all required transactions, paperwork, reports, records and documentation to meet compliance standards.
- Performs internal quality audits, vendor qualification and audits in accordance with current SOP.
- Organise and take minute's f team meetings and monthly QCM meetings.
- Act as a point of contact for the European distributors and deals with any of their queries/issues
- Participates in interviewing, selecting and training of the Ireland office.
- Assist with VAT requirements.
- Manages enrolments and terminations of health insurance for international employees
- BA/BS degree (relevant experience may be substituted for a degree)
- 5+ years of customer service & shipping experience or comparable office experience.
- Managerial experience of direct reports including other Supervisor/Managers
- Ability to speak and read English, a second EU language is a distinct advantage (German, French or Italian)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good communication and public relation skills.
- Knowledge of general business administration practices.
- Knowledge or experience of dealing with customer service & shipping procedures.
- Good computer skills such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, type and talk on the phone. The ability to type and to hear is essential.
- The employee is frequently required to read, compile and record data.
- Must be able to lift up to 12kgs (25lbs)
- The employee must be capable of air travel on occasion.
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.