Purpose of the role:
Operating as a multi-skilled bottling line engineer, the role requires the individual to be competent in all electrical and mechanical aspects of bottling and packaging equipment.
Provide day to day mechanical engineering support to the bottling production line with specific responsibility for meeting the weekly % Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) targets, Production Output and Key Performance Indicators.
Drive continuous improvements in %OEE through set-up time reduction, minimising minor stoppages and through an effective preventative maintenance programme.
Assist with developing and implementing the bottling line capacity & layout strategy
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect data on the causes of production line stoppages (additional to set ups), analyse the root causes and implement permanent corrective actions.
- Identify and highlight issues associated with direct materials that cause line stoppages and/or poor quality.
- Lead problem solving activities associated with product quality, process and equipment issues.
- Use Statistical methodologies in conjunction with TPM, OEE & 5S tools and techniques to drive efficiency's.
- Apply statistical methodologies in analysing cause & effect relationships to the issues that cause inefficiencies.
- Implement mechanical systems to improve equipment and production methods to reduce set-up times.
- Develop, maintain and carry out the Preventative Maintenance programme in the bottling area.
- Develop the bottling hall area layout using CAD tools.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the capacity model for the bottling line.
- Optimise the methodologies and efficiency's for all manual packaging and identify the associated direct labour times and costs.
- Responsible for the Health & Safety of self, colleagues, and others, as well as company plant and equipment
- Challenge any unsafe behaviours, at all levels of the business and amongst contactors, suppliers and visitors
- Promote the development of positive EHS culture, processes and performance, within the local team and site, and supports other team members and departments to do the same
- Comply with all Statutory, Regulatory and Beam Suntory Global Standard requirements
- Acts as a role model and own local EHS systems including Policies, EHS, SOPs, COSHH, RA's and any other department specifics
- Understands the EHS risks and control measures identified under COMAH and DSEAR
- Maintain a high focus on Continuous Improvement initiatives both electrical/PLC and mechanical equipment.
- Identify areas for improvement including designing, procurement, installing, programming and testing.
- Implement autonomous maintenance programme through operator training.
- Analyse poor/declining performance and implement effective and sustainable solutions, through Daily Operation Review meetings and Multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Maintain all documentation in relation to ATEX equipment, COSHH register, Risk Assessments and Confined Space Register.
- Operate the Permit to Work system ensuring all contractors supply job specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) taking into consideration any high-risk activities.
- Fully engage in Hazard Awareness reporting and actioning where appropriate.
- Use electrical control drawings to fault find on electrical/PLC controls. Provide technical cover to enable extending production to a second shift during peak demand seasons.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong hands-on mechanical engineering skills and experience.
- Competent in all aspects of project management including technical specifications, time-lines and financial management.
- Knowledge of PLC systems including debugging and programming.
- Knowledge of inverter and servo systems.
- High focus on Lean Manufacturing through OBSW including EHS, Teamwork, Visual Management, Autonomous Maintenance, 5S and Focused Improvement.
- Detailed knowledge of specialist bottling equipment
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Bottling Hall equipment
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.