Dimensions of the role:
- The Quality Project Analyst (QPA), is responsible for providing a suite of laboratory analysis to the project team
- The role supports all aspects of the Quality Agenda on site, including projects and new analytic test development.
- It will interact closely with the production team members across the whole of the brewery operation.
- QPA reports directly to the Quality Manager and liaises with the production teams.
Purpose of the role:
- Provide accurate and repeatable analytical data to the brewing teams in a timely manner.
- Understand the relevance of analysis at each stage of the brewing process and report relevant out of spec results to the brewing shift manager.
- Analyse trends in laboratory instrument performance and troubleshoot deviations to diagnose the root cause.
- Provide technical input and coaching to the production teams when issues arise.
- Support all aspects of the quality agenda on site, including projects and new analytical test development.
- Coordinate samples for external analysis, ensuring samples are managed and results are recorded including monthly samples
- Carry out viscosity analysis
- Running a weekly Bud report, inserting data and publishing
- Site wide sampling - particularly relating to BBA sampling
- Deliver accurate analytical data in a timely manner
- Maintain and calibrate instruments for analysis
- Ensure that the quality sample plans are delivered
- Carry out aseptic sampling across the site
- Preparation of analytical reagents and micro media necessary for performing analyses
- Utilise safe systems of working and own risk assessment of processes in the Laboratory
- Manage achievement of own training and development needs
- Support the development and implementation of the Quality & Food Safety Strategy on site
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A science degree in a relevant science subject
- An IBD brewing qualification is desirable
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, including SPC
- Strong problem evaluation and solving skills
- Strong organisational ability with good attention to detail
- Able to contribute to the effective working of the team
Barriers to success in the role:
- Not technically competent
- Inability to prioritise work
- Lack of initiative
- Does not live by the companies values and does not lead by example
- Inability to build strong relationships internally and externally
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.