Contract role - daily rates
The Senior SOC Analyst will join an advanced global team responsible for the detection and response to the most sophisticated cyber threats and attacks, as part of a Global IT Security Operations Centre.
Multinational Organisation providing services across the global for its internal Operations.
The Senior SOC Analyst will leverage a variety of tools and resources to proactively detect, investigate, and mitigate emerging and persistent threats impacting the organisations' networks, IT systems and applications.
You will be tasked with performing host based analysis, artifact analysis, network packet analysis, and malware analysis in support of security investigations and incident response;
Coordinating investigation, containment and other response activities with business stakeholders and engineering groups;
Mentoring junior staff and acting as a point of escalation for higher severity incidents.
Key Elements of this role will cover the following:
- Forensics and Incident response
Serve as escalation point for conducting investigations into security incidents involving advanced and sophisticated threat actors and TTPs
- Perform forensic collection and analysis of electronic assets, devices and log sources
- Manage incident response activities including scoping, communication, reporting, and long term remediation planning
- Threat Hunting:
Identify, collect, and analyse threat intelligence from internal and external sources and teams Develop / analyze techniques and execute hunts to identify threats across the environment Interface with security teams and business stakeholders to implement countermeasures and improve defenses
- Big Data analysis and reporting:
- Utilising SIEM/Big data to identify abnormal activity and extract meaningful insights.
- Research, develop, and enhance content within SIEM and other tools
- Technologies and Automation:
- Interface with engineering teams to design, test, and implement playbooks, orchestration workflows and automations
- Research and test new technologies and platforms; develop recommendations and improvement plans
Experience & Skillset required:
- 5+ years of experience in IT Security / Incident Response / Computer Forensics / Threat Hunting, preferably within a multinational SOC environment
- Host and network based forensic collection and analysis
- Dynamic malware analysis, reverse engineering, and/or scripting abilities
- Proficient with Encase, Responder, X-Ways, Volatility, FTK, Axiom, Splunk, Wireshark, and other forensic tools
- Understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and associated tactics
- Very Strong communication skills
- IT Security Certification such as CISSP, etc.
Contract rate: Daily rate - DOE
Contract duration: 6 months, extendable
Please note that EU/EEA nationals or existing Irish work visa holders only need apply.
Other Key Terms: Computer Security, Network Security, Applications Security, IT Security Analyst, IT Security Specialist, IT Systems security, SIEM, Security Information & Event Management, Real time Threat analysis, Penn testing, Penetrative attacks, malware, spyware, computer viruses, CISSP, Computer Information Systems Security Specialist / Professional, IT Security Contractor, Computer Security Contractor, Certified
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted