IRC is currently hiring on behalf of a client for the role of a R&D Formulation Scientist within the pharmaceutical industry
39 Hours per week, Monday to Friday
No Hybrid option - fully on site based in our Dublin Office
Salary: €35,000.00 - €40,000.00 per annum experience)
Probation Period: 6 Months
Pension (after probation)
Healthcare (after probation)
Life Assurance (after probation)
Income Protection (after probation)
Employee Assistance Programme
Education Funding Scheme
Bike to Work
Tax Saver Tickets (Public Transport)
Perks Discount Cards
Yearly Merit Increase (eligible after a year of service
Purpose/ Role Summary:
Reporting to the R&D Formulation Supervisor, the R&D Formulation Scientist is responsible for assisting in the development of products from concept to commercialization to support company growth. The formulation scientist serves as a technical expert who: supports new product application submissions, new product improvements, quality improvements, customer requests, and cost savings initiatives.
Key Role Requirements:
- Works within the formulation team to assist with formulating new products, from development to commercialisation, within defined company, industry, and regulatory parameters to support new drug submissions
- Responsible for the testing of R&D products during formulation development, investigations and informal stability campaigns as required.
- Adheres to project timelines in accordance with marketing priorities, sets milestones/critical path and ensures on time project completion
- Assist in the establishment and justification of specifications for new and/or reformulated products based on available data and scientific judgement.
- Assists with the preparation of product registration documentation to meet regulatory requirements
- Documents analytical test results and in-process test data as they occur in logbooks or reports as required.
- Assists with the peer review of relevant data as requested.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the cross functional departments and CMOs to support tech transfer and process validation activities
- Ensures that all work is carried out in compliance with company Safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/GLP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Competencies Required for the Role
- ANALYTICAL THINKING/PROBLEM SOLVING - Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from various sources and then tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Ability to identify and separate the key components of problems and situations. Ability to interpret information from a range of sources to spot patterns and trends in information and to deduce cause and effect from this
- CRITICAL THINKING - has the ability to be thoughtful and draw pertinent conclusions after a discussion or meeting; can eventually support the final outcomes and decisions.
- INITIATIVE - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- DETAIL ORIENTED - Ensuring that one's own and others' work ad information are complete and accurate. carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- FLEXIBILITY -The ability to be open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things. Can see the merits of perspectives of others than his/her own.
- Minimum of 1 year experience within a formulation development environment
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry/Pharmacy or other related discipline
- Basic knowledge of formulation development of both sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including parenteral, gel/pastes, pour-ons and intramammary products
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritise project work based on the company's needs.
- Understanding of cGMP guidelines, FDA and EU regulations related to the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of QbD methodologies
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted