Scientific Data Analyst
IRC Recruitment are hiring on behalf of a client for the role of a Scientific Data Analyst within the pharmaceutical company.
About the role
Scientific Data Analyst
Contract length: 6 months
37.5 hours per week
Dublin - would like it to be in office or Hybrid (couple of days in office) but not fully remote.
Rate: €500 per day (LTD Umbrella)
* Lead projects in the development of programming routines (such as SAS or R) along with complex SQL queries to extract, clean, manage, and analyse large databases for health outcomes research. Data sources include medical and pharmacy claims data, hospital data, electronic medical record data, and prospective observational study data.
* Provide guidance and translate the study design into algorithms to extract, analyse and report secondary data for Non-Interventional Studies (NIS) or interactive data visualization tools.
* Collaborate with the RWE Research Analysts to scope and design projects.
* Provide guidance in RWE tools such as R, R/shiny, SAS, Impala, git or JIRA
* Conduct and provide guidance in observational data analyses including data management and statistical programming involving new creative approaches, as well as the design and development of RWE dashboards and advanced real-world data visualizations.
* Substantial experience in dimensional reduction and R packages such as ggplot, plotly or t-sne.
* Drive consistency and compliance with company standards regarding project documentation for observational studies and interactive data visualization tools, including programming, specifications of analysis datasets, tables, figures and listings.
* Oversee and ensure compliance with company standards and processes.
* Oversee the compliance and enhancement of standardization techniques in order to increase efficiency in deliverables.
* Comply with project timelines together with the RWE Research Analysts and proactively alert the project manager or department leadership on any risks related to the deliverables and the timeline.
* Interact and engage with the customers on a regular basis by providing regular updates on the project progress to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Interact with stakeholders, Business Partners, medical experts, and strategy directors.
* Present results, project summaries, and analytical techniques to customers, stakeholders and internal audiences.
* Mentor and upskill more junior members of the team.
* Assist the department leadership in the hiring process of new talent.
* Regularly elicit customers' satisfaction levels with RWE services. Identify service areas requiring attention.
* Encourage customer participation in the customer satisfaction survey.
* Manage the outsourcing of programming activities from RWE to an approved vendor in accordance with company vendor management procedures.
Bachelor's degree plus 8+ years as programmer or data scientist in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline.
Master's degree in a field such as computer science, bioinformatics, biostatistics, statistics or similar. And 5+ years of experience as programmer or data scientist in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline.
PhD in a field such as computer science, bioinformatics, biostatistics, statistics or similar. And 4+ years of experience as programmer or data scientist in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline.
* 6+ years of programming experience and proven technical abilities with data manipulation, analysis and visualization including SAS or R, SQL and other statistical software.
* An interest in developing programming, statistical, visualization and analytical skills.
* Prior experience using large transactional databases such as claims databases, EMR, registries or financial databases.
* Exceptional problem-solving abilities with solid experience of statistical methods and machine learning.
* Solid experience in SQL querying using at least one of the following Hive, Impala, MySQL, OracleSQL or similar.
* Understanding of organizational processes, including experience working cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders.
* Solid experience with big data platforms such as Hadoop, Apache Spark.
* Confident and competent when interacting with internal stakeholders.
* Excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals to ensure timely completion.
* Strong written/verbal communication skills. Highly effective at providing input at meetings, discussions and activities covering aspects of research data management and analysis on research projects.
* A strong interest in working in pharma.
* Open to experimentation and taking smart risks to support creative thinking that leads to practical solutions to healthcare and business challenges.
* Holds a high standard on quality excellence. Continuously seeking to enhancing standards, technology through expansion of knowledge and training.
* Support teamwork to swiftly and efficiently deliver innovative new products to patients and healthcare providers.
* High ethical values and standards.
* Able to speak out, challenge conventional thinking, and stand up for ideas.
* Strong team spirit.
* Ability to work well within a global organization.
* Expert in the following R packages: Shiny, Rmarkdown, ggplot, plotly, data.table, dplyr.
* Expert in version control tools such as git or JIRA.
* Expert in setting up standardized programming scripts
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted