Senior Quantity Surveyor
IRC Recruitment is hiring on behalf of a client for the role of a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the Engineering sector.
Role Title Senior Quantity Surveyor
Department QS Department
Reports to Group Commercial Manager
Our client is one of Ireland's leading Mechanical, Electrical & Maintenance Contracting Companies. Our client has established itself as a leading multidisciplined projects company who have gained significant experience across a wide range of business sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centres, Healthcare, and large Commercial Projects.
Purpose of Role:
The candidate is responsible for managing all costs related to Mechanical & Electrical construction projects, from initial estimates to final accounts. They will work closely with the project team to ensure that the projects are completed within budget and that all financial aspects of the projects are in order. The QS is also responsible for providing financial advice and support to the project team and clients. This role will be primarily office based and occasional travel to construction site and client meetings. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious quantity surveyor to have their input developing an expanding department in a fast-growing business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals.
- Managing quantity surveying team members with their roles and responsibilities.
- Managing commercial aspects of projects (evaluating progress for claims, track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget forecasts, accordingly, agreeing final accounts, managing subcontractor accounts etc.)
- Manage contractual aspects of project; review and manage contracts, collateral warranties, bonds, etc.
- Working with estimation department and project teams to set budgets for secured projects.
- Liaising with Contract Managers to forecast and track both revenue and expenditure on projects.
- Ensuring QS departmental reports, claims, etc. are issued both internally and externally to the required deadlines.
- Ensuring monthly standardised, structured project commercial reporting by the surveying team to Senior Management and Directors.
- Working as part of the Surveying Team in developing and implementing processes to increase efficiencies within the department.
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- 5+years' experience in a quantity surveying role with a mechanical or electrical contractor.
- Strong understanding of mechanical & electrical installations.
- Knowledge of M&E construction contracts, regulations, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with a specific focus on M&E components.
- Experience working to tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills, Microsoft Office Suite a requisite.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Full driver's licence required.
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted