IRC are now recruiting for a Apprentice Toolmaker to work with a large Manufacturing plant at an established and highly respected global company in Co. Limerick
The successful applicant will be willing to go through the National framework for Apprentices.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Technique of the manufacture of injection moulds, tools, press tools, jigs, fixtures and all models.
- Knowledge of materials used for tool making, mouldings and models.
- Ability to operate computers (CAD and CAM software).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to design small moulds, jigs and fixtures for production.
- To have initiative on design and problem solving.
- Knowledge and use of all oils, cutting fluids, glues, paint spraying and inspection equipment.
Tool Room tasks:
- Work on CNC Mills, lathes, drills, grinders and spark eroders to tight tolerances.
- Fit together all moulds, jigs and fixtures for production.
- Draw simple 2D drawings.
- Work out cutters and tool paths on CAM software for the manufacture of die's etc.
- Repair and fault finding on mould tools and hot runner systems.
- Work on CNC mills, lathes, drills, grinders and spark eroders.
- To draw 2D drawings on computers.
- To work out cutters and tool paths for making 3D models.
- Keeping records of design changes for design files.
- Discuss designs with the Tool room Manager and Technical Department.
Please send an up to date CV to Patrick O'Regan via the link.
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.