Job Function: Software Engineer and Developer (JVM/Kotlin)
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Dublin
Industry: Investment Management / Financial Services / Venture Capital & Private Equity
Employment Type: Full-time
IRC have partnered with an alternative investment start-up who are looking for Java Developers to join their development team.
*Please note that this opportunity is only available to those with the right to work in the EU - no sponsorship*
- Involved in the detailed design decision across the application layers, namely back-end and middle-ware for integration with API and accounting partners and corporate finance's backbone.
- Development of the additional application features and help maintain the existing developments. Interacts with business users, IT, vendors and customers to define current and future application technical requirements.
- Participate to engineering processes for the project such as build automation, automated testing, software configuration management and containers packaging.
- Grow with an evolving team and work in a friendly, entrepreneurial environment.
- Opportunity to provide input into future growth and operational efficiency.
- Opportunity to participate to a brand in the Infrastructure and fund management industry.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience in JVM/JDK development platform and agile methods.
- Experience in API design and implementation, TDD and Acceptance Driven Development (ATDD), SQL and database schemas.
- Relevant knowledge of functional programming, REST API & distributed services, application containers (Docker) and the ability to model and process structured data.
- Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS cloud computing environments and CI/CD pipelines (AWS).
Minimum of 3/4 years of software development experience (Java 8+, Kotlin, SQL, APIs).
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities. Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills - ability to interact and clearly communicate complex concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills including ability to leverage a network of colleagues to help resolve issues.
- Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy & has an eye for detail.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions, and implement change.
- Interested in problems such as scalability and availability and sometimes go against the grain.
- Taking ownership beyond obvious, your motivation to learn new things you don't yet master, and willingness to collaborate with different teams.
If interested, please apply via the link!
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted