IRC have partnered with a Financial Services Company in Dublin who are looking to hire a Desktop Support Engineer.
- Responsible for the resolution of desktop related incidents in line with appropriate Incident Resolution SLA's and KPI's.
- To provide a high quality and professional IT service with a high level of customer focus.
- Raise/update/close calls in incident/request system which are fully descriptive and reverting immediately to requestor if description is unclear
- Responsible for the creation/update of knowledge articles to ensure that resolutions are of the desired quality, well communicated and approaches are standardised.
- Eyes and hands for the remote Server team on residual server estate
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and effective communication, internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a good level of technical capability, knowledge and effective incident resolution skills.
- Carry out compliance and risk assessments on all hardware and VM's
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Work effectively with other team members within IT Services as a whole and with 3rd Party Suppliers to resolve client issues.
- Driving improvements for more efficient ways of working.
- Recommend new technological solutions.
- Investigate and produce root cause analysis on high impact and high volume issues.
- Follow Processes and Procedures accurately.
- Carry out planned change and upgrade activities.
- To provide on call duties as required by team rota
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn new things
- Must be reliable and have good attendance
- Any other reasonable request.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a Desktop Support role or similar.
- Experience of Ghost/SCCM imaging systems
- Understanding of Microsoft client/server infrastructure in particular Active Directory (AD)
- Experience of level 1 and 2 printer/MFD/fax support
- Experience of LANdesk and/or similar remote/compliance support tools
- Strong understanding of Microsoft client operating systems
- Must be organized and able to quickly adapt to new situations and changing priorities
- Must have a good attitude and strong work ethic
- Experience of VMWare tools to include building and maintaining VDI
- Provide level 2 on virtual server environment
- Provide level 1 on network infrastructure
- 24/7 on call
- Managing 3rd party suppliers
- An understanding of ITIL best practices
- Experience of LANdesk and similar remote support tools
- Avaya telephony and call recording systems
- Experience/understanding of Net Backup system and processes
- Wi-Fi enabling capability
- Patching and AV installs
- Server management
- Kofax Scanning maintenance
- DR experience with site telephony/data switches
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
If interested please send your CV via the link.
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted